Labels

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hibernation . . .

{Today's Focus: Those Lucky Hibernating Bears}
Well, we got out of the house a little earlier this morning so that we could attend story hour at the library . . . And I learned something. I think that, in a previous life, I must have been a big old brown bear. Not the nasty ones that pick through garbage {though far be it from me to go rummaging through a good garage sale} but rather the ones who enjoy the whole hibernation process. As I sat, listening and watching to the librarian read about the bears who enjoyed sleeping through the winter, fat and happy, I realized I felt a kinship with the gigantic animal. Okay, so maybe it was a little bit of envy. I'll be honest - sleeping for more than an hour at any given time lately is an enticing prospect to me these days.


{Coloring story books}

{Eldest in stripes, listening closely}
But what fun I had watching my two little cubs soak up the reading time and activities that someone else had planned for them. Both girls love to be active, but sometimes, the simple acts of sitting and listening to someone share a story or coloring a small page in a book that is soon to become one's own is just as appreciated.


{Getting ready to show}
One of the greatest joys I have as a mom is to watch the sheer happiness creep over the faces of my kids. Watching Munkis share her creation is as priceless a gift as receiving the Hope Diamond. Here she was playing coy before she showed off her work of art!
{And voila!}


But of course, as all good things must, story hour came to an end and it was time to pack up, head over to Gram's house, and get ready for school. 

So, while Munkis and Gram took a few minutes by themselves to search out some good reading material for the week, Eldest and I traversed the quarter of a mile back to Gram's to eat a little homemade minestrone soup, some fresh fruit, and enjoy some big girl chat time.
{"Mmm . . . Lunch!"}
{Just before hopping on the bus!}

So, at this point, I'm off to go and get some minor tasks completed around the house before welcoming Eldest home from school, waking Munkis up from a nap, and having Gram take Eldest back to school for some jazz class tonight.
{Fall 2011}
And hopefully, before too long, I'll be able to snuggle in close next to my two boys, propped in between them, praying that I have enough room to secure myself a cushion on the couch for a nice little snooze on this dreariest of January days.

No comments:

Post a Comment