Labels

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Movin' on Up!" {Or Down, in This Case . . .}

{Home Renovation Summer 2010}
For the last year and a half or so, my two girls have been sharing a room upstairs as we renovated our home with an addition during the summer of 2010. We now have a renovated Cape Cod styled home, and so we moved the two girls into our old master bedroom. I have to say, the last year and a half has been chock full of funny memories - especially when I think back to all the nights that we could hear them talking, babbling, yelling at each other, and telling secrets in the ways that only sisters can, and in the ways that only a four and a half year-old and her one year-old little sister can.


{Getting ready to make Birthday Cupcakes}
But my oldest has turned six {insert Mommy meltdown here} and is finding that, as much as she loves her little sister, with the addition of a second {and FINAL} sister pending, it's time for her own space. And since the nesting phase is in full swing, Hubs and I decided that yes, it is now time to give Eldest her own room.


So what used to be the nursery has now been deemed Operation Movin' on Up {Or Down, in This Case} for our oldest daughter.


After arriving home from church, we decided to move her mattress and box spring downstairs, and we'll use the old furniture that we have on hand until the new furniture comes in.


She helped to move her clothes downstairs as well, and so we're finishing up the transport of some of the more mundane objects like books, toys, etc. that will be also trickling back downstairs.


{Beginning the unloading/sorting phase}
We're getting there, slowly but surely. I have to admit, I am in a bit of a tizzy. It's the Type A Control Freak in me that, when a project is started, I need to have it finished. Like that same day. Call me impatient. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I know what I want it to look like in my head, and when it's not quite there, I'm  a mess. I've always been this way. I LOATHE being unsettled in ANY WAY. But these are the beginnings of progress.


{Making just a little bit of headway}
{Still sorting and unloading}
And we're on our way. New furniture will be forthcoming, thank you Target. The headboard, bed, dresser, and desk will all be from the Delaney Collection in white. I'm hoping that, since it's not from our usual Raymour and Flanigan that I'm not super disappointed, but we talked about it and decided that this will have to do until she's old enough to choose her own {within reason} bedroom set. {My hope is that this might happen when all girls are out of cribs and toddler beds, which, at this given point in time, doesn't seem like it will EVER get here}.

I'm excited to get the ball rolling and moving ahead. And I can't WAIT until all of the new {and MATCHING} furniture is in place. But until then, I'm really hoping that this is the space that our daughter enjoys and loves as she calls it her very own.
{The first quasi organized space}

No comments:

Post a Comment